WHAT VACCINES SHOULD MY PUPPY RECEIVE?
- DA2PP (Distemper, Adenovirus Type 2, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus)
- Age: Dogs 6-8 weeks and older
- Series: Repeat EVERY 3 weeks until puppy has 3 sets; repeat once a year.
- Prerequisite: Puppies need at least 2 sets of this vaccine before getting spayed/neutered.
- Precaution: Make sure your puppy is NOT taken out for walks or exposed to areas (for example: parks, especially dog parks) where unvaccinated dogs might have been until your puppy has received all 3 sets of vaccine. After the last set of vaccines is given, wait approximately 1 week before taking puppy out for walks.
- BORDETELLA (“Kennel Cough”)
- Age: 9-11 weeks and older
- Series: Repeat once in 3 weeks; repeat once a year.
- Minimum: Puppies need at least 2 sets of this vaccine
- Note: Be consistent with repeating vaccine every 3 weeks; if you pass the due date, the puppy will have to start over from the beginning.
WHAT VACCINES SHOULD MY ADULT DOG RECEIVE?
- DA2PP: Given once a year.
- Note: If you do not know if you dog has ever received this vaccine, you should repeat in 3 weeks.
- BORDETELLA: Given once a year.
WHAT VACCINES SHOULD MY KITTEN RECEIVE?
- FVRCP (“Upper Respiratory Infection”/Feline Distemper):
- Age: 6-8 weeks and older
- Series: Repeat EVERY 3 weeks until cat has 3 sets; Repeat once a year
- Minimum: Kittens need at least 3 sets of this vaccine
- Precaution: The safest thing for your kitten is to be in “indoor cat.” If you are going to let your cat out however, please make sure you wait at least ONE WEEK after the last vaccine in this series.
WHAT VACCINES SHOULD MY ADULT CAT RECEIVE?
- FVRCP: Given once a year.
WHEN CAN MY DOG/CAT GET THE RABIES VACCINE?
- Age: Dogs 12 weeks (3 months) and older.
- Series: Repeat again in 1 year and then every 3 years.
- Note: Only if pet is spayed/neutered.
Vaccine clinic schedule:
- Bordetella: $15
- FVRCP: $15
- Deworming: $15
- Nail Trim: $10
- Frontline Gold Treatment (flea and tick prevention):
- $15 - 1 month supply
- $40 - 3 month supply